Hartlepool Parent Partnership
HARTLEPOOL PARENT PARTNERSHIP
Telephone: 01429 266522
Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 5:00pm. Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
The Parent Partnership Service plays a key role in promoting positive relationships between parents, schools, Local Authorities (LAs) and others. This is important in enabling children and young people with SEN to achieve their potential. Hartlepool Borough Council set up the parent partnership service in order to ensure that parents of children with SEN are fully informed and involved in their child's education. Although the parent partnership service is part of the LA, it operates independently.
The service offers parents and carers the following:
• Independent support and someone to talk to in complete confidence.
• An explanation of matters concerning SEN.
• Information Leaflets about special educational needs.
• Help with filling in forms and expressing views.
• Someone to attend meetings with.
• Information about local support groups and voluntary agencies.